Official title: “THRIVE II – Innovative staff training for high quality Roma education in the fields of literacy, validation of skills, entrepreneurship, motivation and European funding programmes
Agreement number: 2020-1-RO01-KA104-078567
Duration: 01th June 2020 – 31th May 2021 (extended to 31th August due to pandemic)
Applicant: Vox Civica Association – Romania
- Technological High School „Dumitru Filipescu” – Buzău Municipality – Romania
- Technological High School „Meserii și Servicii” – Buzău Municipality – Romania
- Agricultural High School „Dr. Constantin Angelescu” – Buzău Municipality – Romania
The most important objectives of the project are the following:
Development of the competencies and skills of a number of 10 teachers and NGO activists in order to can provide the most appropriate learning ways for students in vulnerable groups particularly for Roma students.
In order to ensure a smooth implementation of our project we already foreseen the following preparatory activities, metioned below:
- concluding the agreements with the Partners in order to establish the concrete tasks of each of us in the project implementation;
- constituing the commision of selection of the participants to the mobilities;
- establishing the selection criteria on which base will be selected the participants;
- spreading the information about the selection of the participants to the mobilities within the four Partners, including Vox Civica.
- receiving the documents of the participants to the selection;
- interview with the participants selected on the short list;
- publication of the results of the selection;
- preparation of the selected participants for mobilities;
The target – group of the project include:
- teachers within the three education institution Partners;
- members and activists of Vox Civica;
The provider of the training courses in these mobilities is HEEDA (Humán Erőforrásért Egyesület Dél-Alföldi Régió) from Kiskunhalas (Hungary) and location where the courses will take place is Pici-Paci-Porta (in Kunfeherto – 18 km from Kiskunhalas), a very nice place situated in a middle of the forest, in a fairytale landscape – https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=657484651341178; https://www.facebook.com/picipaciporta/
The main mobilities fields, from which the participants can choose, in function of their needs of training, are the following:
Knowledge: The participants will agree on a joint definition of functional illiteracy. They know the Curriculum for improving the reading and writing skills, the Quality Standards for according alphabetisation measures and the specific needs of people in vulnerable groups, especially Roma people.
VALIDATION OF SKILLS
Knowledge: The participants will know validation of skills according to the French Model including the methods and procedures, the Quality Criteria and the specific needs of of people in vulnerable groups, focused on Roma people
Knowledge: The participants will know how to improve the entrepreneurship abilities among students in vulnerable groups, with focus on Roma students, and to increase their self-esteem in order to become a succesfull entrepreneur.
Knowledge: The participants will know how to better motivate students in vulnerable groups in order to obtain good school results and how improve their everyday life.
Considering the pandemic situation, first mobility flow was scheduled between 28th March – 04th April 2021.
Because the pandemic situation is gone worse in Hungary, we planned a new mobility flow between 06th May – 13th May;
With three days before the trip in Hungary, the Hungarian Partner informed us that the mobilities are postponed once again due to the new restrictions imposed by Hungarian state because of pandemic.
In this case we informed the National Agency and we decided the extention of the contract till 31th August 2021, date limit for doing the mobilities.
Up-date – 01th July 2021
Our Partner, HEEDA, being also the course provider, informed us the mobilities were scheduled between 28th July – 04 August 2021.
Hope this proposed date to be agreed by all of the participants!