Official title: ROMINKO – Competence Balance – an innovative instrument for recording, assessing and acknowledging informally and non formally acquired competences of Roma for the promotion of their professional orientation, career planning and employability
Agreement number: 2015-1-DE02-KA204-002455
Duration: September 2015 – August 2017
Applicant: JugendStil eV. – Germany
Germany: JugendStil e.V. (NGO)
Terno Drom (NGO)
France: FECBOP (NGO
Greece: OIKOKOINONIA (NGO)
Hungary: HEEDA (NGO)
Romania: Vox Civica Association (NGO)
KOMPASS project showed that:
a) Competence Balance according to the French model is very well accepted by Roma;
b) more than 50 per cent of the participating Roma could be mediated into the labour market or education;
c) however, in Greece, Hungary and Romania Competence Balance is not yet opperational at local level because of the lack of involvemnet of the local authorities;
d) if we want to have more and better results in this field we have to cover at least one county or region in every participant countries with Competence Balances centres;
– The stakeholders at the local level are not yet sufficiently informed or sensitised.
– Thus, the project aims at nothing less than to set up Competence Balance centres at county (region) level in Greece, Hungary and Romania.
– The motivation of Roma to participate in Competence Balance and to attend it until the end was a challenge in the above-mentioned project.
– They cannot really see the final benefit of Competence Balance. Resignation, former disappointments, mistrust in measures of the majority and the necessary time investment strengthen this.
– Until now, mainly material or financial stimuli are used that are partly not effective as well.
– Therefore, a high need for effective motivation instruments for actors involved in the implementation of adult education measures (Competence Councillors, mediators, labour office staff) are very necessary for start the assessment on the French model.
The most important objective of the project is the following:
– „ROMINKO“ concretely aims the modification and adaptation of the French model of Competence Balance (COB) for people in vulnerable groups, focused particularly on Roma people. Competence Balance is a program developed by FECBOP (Federation Europeene des Centre de Bilan et d`Orientation Professionnelle) which aims to assess in a professional way the professional background of the employees.
Here are, the learning, teaching and training events in our project
1. Introductory Training
– Introducing Competence Balance according to the French model to the staff of the Partners
– Introducing available labour market instruments to members of the Partners selected for become Competence Councillors
2. Pilot Training
– three member staff of each NGO Partners and one representative of the Partner Institutions will attend to the Pilot Training
3. Training on the motivation of Roma
– three member staff of each NGO Partners and one representative of the Partner Institutions will attend to the Training on the Motivation of Roma
– Intense training on the use of motivation strategies (Handbook)
The target – group of the project include Roma and non-Roma people, such as:
– Roma and non-Roma people selected to become Competence Councillors and mediators;
– Adult Roma and non-Roma people who will participate to the Testing Phase of the project.
The main intellectual outputs developed within the project are:
Model guidelines for the implementation of Competence Balance according to the French model at counties (regions) level – responsible: FECBOP, JugendStil, local Partner institutions
• Elaboration of the guidelines fitting both the national labour market instruments and the National Roma Integration Strategy including financial planning
• Model implementation of Competence Balances in one labour office district (Testing Phase)
Handbook for labour market actors “Competence Balance according to the French model” – responsible: FECBOP, JugendStil
• Explanation of the methods and procedures of Competence Balance
• Compilation of selected tests, group and individual exercises
• Model of Competence Portfolio, Synthesis Paper and Action Plan
Guide „Motivation of Roma in adult education measures” with the emphasis Competence Balance – responsible: FECBOP, JugendStil, OIKOKOINONIA, HEEDA, Vox Civica
Material for the Pilot Training and Multiplier Trainings – responsible: FECBOP, JugendStil
Transnational project meetings:
- Kick-off Meetings and Introductory Training in Kiskunhalas, DE (October 2015
- Partners Meeting in Bucharest, RO (April 2016)
- Partners Meeting in Tessaloniki, GR (June 2016)
- Partners Meeting in Paris, FR (September 2016)
- Partners Meeting in Kiskunhalas, HU (April 2017)
- Final Meeting in Plauen, DE (August 2017)